Yes, I am that crazy mom who complains in June that summer is not nearly long enough, and counts down the days to the first day of school in August. I’m a mom, I’m allowed to be fickle!
So, here they are, a mom’s list of 10 reasons I am ready for school to start:
10. I loved school growing up, and I love seeing the same joy in my kids. Sure, they may not love every single thing, and maybe I may not either, but, for the most part, I love the schools that our kids are in and it is exciting to see them learn and grow.
9. My kids thrive on routine, and, quite frankly, their summer routine is currently broken. Which means that they fight all. Day. Long.
8. I love the excuse to buy brand new, sparkly, school supplies. I could sniff at fresh Crayolas all day!
7. My house may stay relatively clean for a few hours a day.
6. My grocery bill will shrink since I won’t have six kids mindlessly eating all day long!
5. My laundry pile will shrink since I won’t have two little girls home all day changing clothes 8 times a day.
4. Homework time gets me on track too! I often sit and read while the kids work on homework.
3. I look forward to fall sports and concerts.
2. I miss some of my school mom friends. We may only see each other at drop offs and pick ups, but I miss those interactions over summer break.
And my number one favorite thing about school starting is:
1. Normal bedtimes!!!!!!! This mama craves some evening peace and quiet!