Back To School Menu Planning
With the kids heading back to school, and one fewer kid at the table (sniff), it is time to buckle back down with meal planning.
Summer can be fun with lazy days and no bedtimes. We tend to not even start thinking about dinner until after I get home from work, and then work together to get something on the table–which often includes a last minute trip to the grocery store. Summer dinners are later (sometimes as late as 7:30!)
But, with school starting and homework, and sports and choir practices, we need to be more consistent about meals in our house.
As a working mom I’m blessed with a husband with a flexible work schedule who handles the after school rush. He is also willing to at least start cooking dinner–with one requirement: I have to leave him a recipe. And it can’t be a recipe like we women share (throw some chicken and some rice in a pot, etc.). My husband has a masters degree in engineering. He values precision. So, I have to leave him with a real recipe. . .and I need to make sure that all of the ingredients are actually in the house.
This transition can be softened with the help of one of my favorite organizational tools, eMeals! eMeals provides you simple breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even dessert meal plans to help you easily and effectively plan meals for your family.
One of the new favorites is their kid-friendly meal plan. Each meal plan comes with a ready-made shopping list to help you get through the grocery store in no time flat! Sign up for eMeals now and you can get 2 bonuses:
- Save 20% with code SCHOOL on any eMeals Meal Plan
- A FREE Back to School Survival Guide filled with fun back to school recipes including 3 Power Breakfast Recipes, 2 Lunch Box Recipes, 2 Weeknight Dinners, 2 After School Snacks, and 1 Yummy Dessert!
You can see an example of one of the recipes from the Back to School kit below to enjoy with your kids.
Turkey-Bacon Tortilla Roll-ups
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 8-oz package store-bought guacamole
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (or any shredded cheese)
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce (optional)
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp; drain.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise and guacamole over each tortilla.
- Layer turkey, bacon and cheese on each tortilla.
- Add lettuce, if desired.
- Roll up tortillas,and cut in half.
Want to read more and never miss a hint, tip, recipe or giveaway? Sign up for my newsletter below! I hate spam too, so I promise to never waste your time or abuse your inbox!