Cheerios Family Breakfast Project
This week I have a special treat for you! I’m teaming up with my friends at Cheerios to share the Seven Days to Family Breakfast Program.
We already know a few things:
- Families that eat dinner together communicate more and, on average, the children from families that eat dinner together do better in school.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
So, why do we relegate breakfast as an optional meal to eat on the run?
The family breakfast project seeks to change that. By devoting just 7 minutes a day to eat breakfast together, you can improve your family life, teach life skills, and start out the day on better nutritional footing!
So, are you going to join me? Head over to the Family Breakfast Project and join in!
A few quick tips to make family breakfast easier (from the 7 Days to Family Breakfast Guide)
- Purchase a smaller size milk for breakfast use. (A half gallon jug is easier for little ones to handle)
- Stock up on basics like Cheerios, yogurt and bread for toast.
- Pick out some new fruits for your family to try.
- Purchase some fun extras like berries for cereal toppings, new flavors of jam or granola for yogurt.
- Move the cereal bowls to a place where the kids can reach them.
Want to read more and never miss a hint, tip, recipe or giveaway? Sign up for my newsletter below! I hate spam too, so I promise to never waste your time or abuse your inbox!