Cookies for Breakfast? Cheerio Breakfast Cookie Recipe
Breakfast cookie just may save breakfast this week.
Here we are on Day 2 of The Family Breakfast Project. I stocked our pantry and refrigerator with family-friendly breakfast fare, and made sure that we removed obstacles to eating breakfast (not getting up in time, not having good breakfast food, bowls are all dirty, etc.)
Last night I set the table for breakfast success, and then I went one step further.
I baked breakfast cookies!
I don’t bake much. Baking is messy and tedious. But I do love to see happy children.
Cookies for breakfast makes kids smile!
This recipe came from Cheerios and mix up easily by hand in one (very) large bowl. They have just enough sweet to satisfy the kids, but chock full of great whole grains and protein, to make mom happy!
Cheerios Jumbo Breakfast Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups Cheerios® cereal
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, stir together sugar, butter, peanut butter, water, vanilla and egg. Stir in remaining ingredients except cereal. Gently stir in cereal. On ungreased large cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded 1/2 cupfuls (rounded 1/3 cupfuls for 15 cookies) 4 inches apart. Flatten dough to about 1 inch thick. (Bake these crispy cookies as soon as the dough is mixed. Letting the dough stand awhile or refrigerating the dough will make the cookies softer.)
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet. Store loosely covered.
Chime in! Does your family have a favorite breakfast recipe? What is your favorite grab and go recipe? Let us know in the comments!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Want to read more and never miss a hint, tip, recipe or giveaway? Sign up for my newsletter below! I hate spam too, so I promise to never waste your time or abuse your inbox!