I’m pretty sure I’m not alone.
You’ve been there, sitting on the couch relaxing after a long day, when all of a sudden your child reminds you that they are “Star Student of the Week” next week. They have to prepare a poster with listings of some of their favorite things and several photos . . . of their siblings, their pets, your vacation last summer. They want you to print the pictures NOW. The only problem is, your printer is out of ink. Again. And it is 7 PM on a Sunday night.
You hesitantly pull on some decent clothes, and mutter under your breath about parents having to do homework. . .and you drive to a 24 hour big box store, and shell out $35 for more printer ink.
What if I told you that this never has to happen again?
This fall, HP rolled out their Instant Ink program, and it will change the way you purchase original HP ink for your printer, and save you up to 50% on ink costs per year!
HP invited me to try out the program, and so far, I’ve been very happy. I feel like I no longer have to be stingy with ink (especially the precious color ink!) and I never have to worry about running out of ink!
Why Should I Use HP Instant Ink?
- I receive Original HP Ink at up to a 50% savings (I love savings!)
- New HP Original Ink arrives, in my mailbox before my printer runs out of ink. (genius!)
- Ink, shipping and cartridge recycling are all included in my low month price (starting at $2.99 a month)
- Plans are based on pages printed, not the amount of ink used. The same, flat rate applies to black and white copies, color copies or photo prints!
- There is no annual fee and I can cancel or change plans at any time.
- Unused pages roll over and I can use them in future months.
What Kind of Printer Do I Need for HP Instant Ink?
Currently the Instant Ink plan works with HP Envy 4500 series, HP Envy 5530 series and HP Office Jet 4630 series printers.
How do I Get Started With HP Instant Ink?
- Purchase an Instant Ink compatible printer. (Note:your printer will require a wireless internet connection.)
- Choose an enrollment kit. (kits are currently available at BestBuy at Hp Home and Office stores and online at http://hp.com/go/instantink.)
- Start Saving! Register online following the instructions in your kit and start printing! (Note: you will need a valid Visa or Mastercard or debit card in order to enroll. Your monthly service fee will be charged to this.)
Bottom Line: Do I Like HP Instant Ink?
Absolutely! The whole system is a win/win for me! I can print school projects, coloring pages and recipes to my heart’s content. . . and I can even print photos if I ever want to get them off of my computer (and I want to, I really do!) The print quality is excellent. HP sent me an HP Envy 5530 all-in-one printer to try out the Instant Ink Program. I love it! The print quality is very nice and at a $99 price point it is an accessible printer for most everyone.
I used to joke that replacement ink was more expensive than the printer itself, but now with HP Instant Ink I’m going to have to change my tune. I am on the $4.99 100 pages a month plan and it has worked beautifully for us!
Find out more: Check out the FAQ here.Disclosure: HP provided me with an HP Envy 5530 Printer, an enrollment kit and 1 year of Instant Ink service in order to facilitate my review. I received no other compensation, and as always, my opinions are 100% my own. I only recommend products or services that I would feel comfortable recommending to my best friends!
Want to read more and never miss a hint, tip, recipe or giveaway? Sign up for my newsletter below! I hate spam too, so I promise to never waste your time or abuse your inbox!