Looking Back–Looking Ahead
Many of the posts on this blog contain affiliate links. That means that if you click on the link, and end up buying something, I may make a little money. I doubt I'll get rich, but it may keep me in coffee--and I am a nicer person with coffee. So, if you want to buy me coffee, click on the links. If not, no worries!
It is amazing to see how far this little space has come. When I began blogging, I was a homeschooling mom of 4. Now I am a working mom of 6-but with one of those six fully-grown and another who will reach adulthood this coming year.
Navigating the changes of motherhood is rewarding, challenging, and sometimes, downright scary. And yet, through it, I have had this space to hash things out, get advice, and share some of my joys and burdens with you. And for that, I am forever thankful.
And because of that, I resolve to nurture this place a little more. This space, that has given me so much (including lasting friendships), deserves some more of my time.
Here is some of what I hope to share with you all in the coming year:
- More Working Mom Wisdom and #MomWin Wednesdays. We moms need to celebrate our successes, and the joys and obstacles of the modern working mom are still some things I am working through in my brain.
- I want to share more of my crocheting with you. It has been one of the most fun changes in my life in 2016. Through some yarn and hooks, I feel connected to my childhood with my grandma, I work through stress, and create beautiful things for friends and family. If all goes well, perhaps a Dakotapam Etsy shop may be in the works.
- Homemaking Tips–21 years of marriage in, and I’m still learning, but I have picked up a few helpful things along the way (hint–less stuff is a GREAT starting point!)
- More Cooking for 8! Keeping my growing family well fed has always been a kind of fun challenge. I tend to strike a balance between from-scratch and convenience foods, and sometimes, for fun, I just cook from a box–sadly, these meals are a HUGE hit–likely due to the novelty factor.
- I hope to share a book a month with you–some fun, some meaty, and some for the kiddos! I love to read–but my crocheting tends to get in the way! I hope to use YOU as my motivation.
Mostly, I just want to spend more time with you, and I hope you are all up for coming along for the ride. Please feel free to share those things that you find helpful–I love making new friends too! And please, don’t be a stranger in the comment section! I love to hear from you all!
And now, a quick question for you: What do YOU want to see more of in this space? Leave me a comment or pop over to our Facebook page to let me know!