My Chocolate Buying Guide
Now that my good pal Essie has resumed stay at home mom status (at least for now), she is back at my beck and call…which means I can phone her when I’m bored. Which, actually happens a lot. Because dishes are boring, and folding laundry, and sitting in a parking lot waiting for a kid. All boring.
So, yesterday talk turned to chocolate. It began as chocolate chips in banana bread…which is a total no go in my house (poor kids)! I’m a banana bread purist, and the chocolate is just too much.
Then I launched into all of my chocolate rules. At which point, Essie pointed out that, once again, I have far too many rules.
Here are my chocolate rules (in case you want to chocolate shop for me):
- No dark chocolate (I’m not eating chocolate for my health anyway! –exception I will eat one Hershey’s Special Dark miniature if I get desperate.
- No nuts in my chocolate– exception Snickers bar.
- No citrus flavoring.
- A brownie is not chocolate.
- No chocolate on chocolate (I don’t want to have to distinguish between chocolate flavors) exception I will eat a slice of Nancy’s Homemade chocolate cake with her fudgy chocolate frosting…
- No cheap chocolate. European is ideal…but I’m poor…Hershey’s or Dove are acceptable, dollar store chocolate is not worth the calories.
- No chocolate in coffee… exception White Mocha, which, let’s be honest, is really a creamy vanilla.
Yes, I’m quirky. I own it. I’m actually not a huge chocolate fan (can you tell?) However, leave sweet, chewy candy around and kiss it good-bye! I’m going to devour your licorice and your gummy bears!
Chime in! What are your quirky food rules?