Techie Thursday: WannaBeWell App
I’m (finally) back with another Techie Thursday Post. It is not as if I’ve not been downloading new apps for the iPad, I totally have . . . I’m app addicted, remember? I just don’t always remember to sit and write about them!
Today’s app is a fun one, and it fits well with my quest for a healthier lifestyle.
This app has some fun features that can make a healthier lifestyle a little more fun (if salmon and spinach is fun!)
- Your first task upon opening the app is to choose a fitness coach to personalize. there is a full roster available, ranging from a Boot Camp Sergeant, to a Richard Simmons look-alike, to a kindly grandmother. As soon as I selected my coach (I chose Sarah), I then chose my interests.
- You can choose all or some of the following interests: “Healthy Missions” where you can earn trophies by completing wellness challenges (I love virtual trophies!), “Wellness Inspirations”; inspiring quotes for healthy living (not really my cup of tea, I’m not the mushy type!), “Supplement Bites”, useful tidbits on vitamins and other supplements, (interesting to me as I don’t take, not know about many supplements), and “Apps Tips and Tricks”, how to get the most out of the WannaBeWell app.
- I then got my first tip from my coach: to eat more brown rice for fiber-rich grains. I already eat brown rice, so I clicked on the “I did it!” button and received my first trophy!
- This app has an extensive supplement resource library, as well it should as it is created by a supplement trade association . You can also set up iPhone reminders to take and re-stock your supplements. I totally need reminders!
- The app also has access to the well updated blog, The Supplemental, with nutrition, exercise and wellness advice.
- Take the “My Wellness Scorecard and find out if you are an AlphaWell or and OhWell (I’m a WannaBeWell!)
This is a free app, and as such, it does have some inline advertizing for Life. . .Supplemented, and it is a bit diet and supplement heavy on the healthy lifestyle scale (if you want a free boot-camp workout, this is not your app), However, it is a good starting point to motivate you towards healthier eating and a generally healthier lifestyle, in a fun, health coach in the palm of your hand kind of way!
Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Life…supplemented. As a thank you for participating, I received a $25 promotional item, and a $25 donation was made on my behalf to Vitamin Angels.